OII - SDP - 2004 - Blog

Monday, August 02, 2004

Alas... All Good Things ... blah

The OII SDP 2004 ceremoniously came to an end Friday night with a drinks reception at OII, and then a dinner at Oxford's Opium Den. Novalty award's were given at the reception (including my Mother Hen of the Year award!), as were OII SDP 2004 t-shirts (yay!) and a fantastic DVD of video captured by Marcus*, complete with backing music courtesy of another participant, David.

* Hopefully, either with Marcus' permission, or by he himself, the video footage will be available online in the near future.

The next day, and 24 hours, one bus, and 2 flights later, I'm landing at Brisbane International Airport and home at last. I swear, everytime I do the BNE-SIN-LHR-SIN-LHR trek, it gets longer, and longer, each time. Though I must say, Singapore Airlines are now my preferred long haul airline.

So, alas, I end this blog and say goodbye to Oxford University, the OII, and my fellow 2004 OII'ers. The SDP was a fantastic program, full of learning, networking and stretching of the mind, and enriched by the friendships and academic alliances forged. My PhD will (hopefully) be all the better for it.

See you all at AoIR 2005!


Anuradha (Anu) Mundkur - Caio Mario da Silva Pereira Neto - Carlos Godoy - Colin Maclay - David Berry - Helene Michel - Jean Burgess - Jeremy Hunsinger - John Kelly - Kylie Veale - Laura Forlano - Marcus Foth - Maria Rosales-Sequeiros - Marina Pavlovic - Marko M. Skoric - Matthias Trenel - Rex B. Hughes - Renée van Os - Sarah Michele Ford - Todd Graham - Yulia Timofeeva - Zheng Xie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home